" Pucky lads, a wee bit over their heads." -Doug Scott after encountering two climbers on Denali suffering from exposure.
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Milam Glacier trek essentials

Milam Glacier trek essentials 4 years, 9 months ago #617

Hey, me and a few of my friends, our whole group is planning to go to Milam Glacier. My group generally has an idea as to what all to carry but as this forum has seasoned climbers, participating, can you guys tell me what do we need to carry for this trek specifically, if any?

Re: Milam Glacier trek essentials 4 years, 8 months ago #627

I would, to begin with suggest, Pindari or perhaps Roopkund rather than Milam.. But here are some things you would definitely need to carry for any moderately difficult or even a relatively easier trek -
  • Tent
  • Rubber sheets for matresses (Its freezing cold)
  • Warm Clothes , inners, monkey caps.
  • Torches, batteries
  • Ropes (though no plans of using them)
  • Medicines
  • Jeoren's Maps
  • Dry fruits and other tinned foods
  • Warm sleeping bags
and to be even more on the safer side, keep a small cylinder, some pans and perhaps some kerosene. Hope this suffices.. all the best!
  • sheereeb
  • Senior Boarder

Re: Milam Glacier trek essentials 4 years, 5 months ago #796

Hey

I was in the valley in June 2013. Due to the flash floods was stuck and rescued by the ITBP.

My suggestion is to confirm the route before venturing into the valley.

If one is not doing any side treks its a plain tea-house trek. One can opt out of carrying mats & tents, though suggest sleeping bags.

Details of the trek are blogged at amards.blogspot.in/2013/06/nanda-devi-bc...glacier-getting.html

Cheers

Amar
  • amarshah
  • Junior Boarder
---------------------------------------------
Real freedom lies in wildness, not in civilization.

amards.blogspot.com/
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds