" Each fresh peak ascended teaches something." -Sir Martin Convay.
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sundardhunga Glacier Trek

Sundardhunga Glacier Trek 5 years, 5 months ago #673

Guys, anyone been to Sundardhunga? need details.. please

Re: Sundardhunga Glacier Trek 5 years, 5 months ago #676

Sunderdhunga, located in Kumaon Himalayas is around 24 Kms from the village Khati. From Khati you have to reach Jatoli, at a distance of 7 Kms. From Jatoli upto Dhungia Dhaun, is about 8 Km and it is a tough trek. Beyond Dhungia Dhuan, hiring a guide even for experienced and professional trekkers will be a good idea. As it is a difficult route climbing up. The next stop is Kathalia, 6 to 7 Kms. from Dhungia Dhaun. From Kathalia one can go to both Sukhram and Maiktoli glaciers. Now Sunderdhunga glacier lies over Sunderdhunga valley and is situated to the west of Pindari Valley. It is surrounded by peaks Panwal Pdwar in north and Mrigthunii, Mongtoli and Tharkot in the west. The elevation of this glacier spans from 3200 mtrs to 6050 mtrs. It is a moderate trek and can take around 2 weeks. The route is as follows -
Delhi -Almora - Loharkhet - Dhakuri - Khati – Jatoli- Kothalia- Sukhram Cave – sunderdhunga- Kathalia - Maiktoli top - Kathalia -Jatoli - Khati - Dhakuri – Loharkhet- Song - Bageshwar - Nainital > Delhi
  • sheereeb
  • Senior Boarder

Re: Sundardhunga Glacier Trek 5 years, 5 months ago #677

I have gone till Baloni Top at the height of 15000 feet.Weather is unpredictable. after reaching on the top the peaks were covered with clouds.I was not able to go to Sunderdunga Glacier due to bad weather.There is a stone hut to stay at Kathaliya.I liked Dhakuri very much.Actually what exact information you want dude?
  • kinkhab
  • Fresh Boarder

Re: Sundardhunga Glacier Trek 5 years, 3 months ago #795

Hey

I was there in 2012. Have spent a night at Balooni Top and trust me its all worth it. The morning views are just awesome and not to be missed.

Details have blogged at amards.blogspot.in/2012/09/sunderdunga-in-kumaon.html

Cheers

Amar
  • amarshah
  • Junior Boarder
---------------------------------------------
Real freedom lies in wildness, not in civilization.

amards.blogspot.com/
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds