" The mountain is nothing without people on it. Often you part expedition exasperated, but a year or two later you go back with the same partners knowing there's potential in this human relationship." -Greg Child.
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Anyone interested in the all new Gopro Hero 3+ black?

Anyone interested in the all new Gopro Hero 3+ black? 6 years, 8 months ago #1011

Hi fellow adventurers,
I am in London and buying a New Gopro hero 3+ black edition which launched on the 1st October 2013.
If anyone want one, let me know.
Check out the advert here

Jerry especially you, thought you guys might be interested.
Cheers!
  • Ravi1408
  • Fresh Boarder
Last Edit: 6 years, 7 months ago by Ravi1408. Reason: got my dates confused

Re: Anyone interested in the all new Gopro Hero 3+ black? 6 years, 7 months ago #1024

Wow! Thats a fantastic video.

Thanks Ravi for offering to pick it up. Thats really thoughtful of you. You know what? I have always wanted a Go Pro especially for the last two years. Not so much for mountaineering, but more for skiing off piste.

Did you pick yours yet? I would love to pick one BUT at this point I am looking at procuring some skiing gear. So thats my priority at the moment. If you have already picked yours, perhaps you can let me know how it fairs, and it will help me decide. My N8 has a video stabilisation setting which caters for vibrations and stuff like that. With regards to the Go Pro, I was concerned about the stability at high speeds. Pls let me know how are the vids at high speeds especially on bumpy rides.

By the way, your offer is only for the Go Pro, or you can pick other stuff as well?? ;) LOL

Thanks
Jerry

ps: Ravi, I never knew this topic was on. Was just casually browsing and came across this. Really nice of you to mention me, by name. Really thoughtful. Like I said, I have been wanting one for a while now. May be not the Hero 3+, but something close. I am more interested in the stability than the Pixels.
  • jerrypothen
  • Expert Boarder
  • Trash, Trampoline & The Party Girl
JP

Re: Anyone interested in the all new Gopro Hero 3+ black? 6 years, 7 months ago #1025

Yeah I got mine yesterday. I have not had a chance to take it out yet. Busy doing packing and shopping before I leave. Gopro technically is an action cam so you can stop worrying about vibrations. Most of the F1 or motocross cars and bikes these days have more than 3 Gopros mounted on them to get the best footage. I think it will be totally unfair to compare Gopro and N8 because what makes Gopro unique is the ability to mount it anywhere from your head, pole, handelbar, chest or wrist. Also the waterproof housing makes it perfect underwater camera. You can tell I am already in love with my new toy.
Anyway I do have a new Suunto ambit 2 HR black if you are interested. It's the GPS for explorers and athletes. Made in Finland.

Check it out on YouTube.
Yeah I mentioned you because you seems to be a cool guy who knows quality stuff.

Cheers!

Ravi
  • Ravi1408
  • Fresh Boarder

Re: Anyone interested in the all new Gopro Hero 3+ black? 6 years, 7 months ago #1026

You did pick one? Coooool! ;) I guess I was too late to read your post then. :( But I did notice a few shops selling Go Pro's in India. So I would say there is still hope. Ha Ha.

Packing to leave? Back home?

True! What you say about the F1's, bikes and I guess even WRC's, but I never knew they were the same cameras being sold at the stores to public. I always thought they were much better, more expensive GoPro's. Obviously I was wrong, I suppose. Hey my statement about N8 was not a comparison at all. Its a setting I often use and just wanted to ensure its there; and as you say, obviously it is. Truly there is no comparison between an N8 and a GoPro.

But I must tell you where the N8 (may be not wins hands down BUT) serves me well. With an app called Track@way, its my outdoors Navigation device, my Personal Entertainment Device and has a brilliant Camera with Carl Zeiss Optics. I have showed some of the images to people who use proper cameras, and even they were stunned. It even allows me HD recording. There are a ton of other features, but what counts most, is that it saves a lot of weight for me. Doing the job of 3 or 4 devices, (minus their batteries, adaptors, chargers etc).

One more very important thing. With other (Proper) Nav Devices one needs subscription for maps. Its a recurring expense and even if you do subscribe, you are entitled for maps of a particular area/country. With N8, I dont have to subscribe each year for maps. I can cut my own maps (or use rasta maps) and load them onto the app I am using. That said the Ambit looks like a must have.

I have sent you a PM, with a few queries. Check it out if time permits.
Thanks again for the kind words Ravi. Appreciate it. Actually I do not know much, but dont mind sharing whatever little I know, if the other person feels like it might help him.
  • jerrypothen
  • Expert Boarder
JP

Re: Anyone interested in the all new Gopro Hero 3+ black? 6 years, 7 months ago #1027

Hi Ravi,

What are the mounts that come with the Sales Package. Which edition did you pick.

Sent you a PM..

Fly safe
Jerry
  • jerrypothen
  • Expert Boarder
JP

Re: Anyone interested in the all new Gopro Hero 3+ black? 6 years, 7 months ago #1028

Hey man,
I got the Hero 3+ black edition.
The mounts that come within the box are flat and curved adhesive quick mounts, one J hook, 3 way pivot.
But I did buy some others.
Thanks
  • Ravi1408
  • Fresh Boarder

Re: Anyone interested in the all new Gopro Hero 3+ black? 6 years, 7 months ago #1029

Ok I am guessing you surely picked a chesty. Any others?

Hero 2 had an outdoor edition which had mounts specific for skiing. Is the Hero 3+ that you got suitable for mountain sports, specifically, skiing? I know the cameras across all "editions" are the same. Like the guy I spoke with in Delhi told me that the Camera in the Motorsports Edition and the Outdoor Edition of Hero 2 are the same. Its the contents of the package that make the difference. I hope I am making sense. lol.

Cheers,
Jerry
  • jerrypothen
  • Expert Boarder
JP

Re: Anyone interested in the all new Gopro Hero 3+ black? 6 years, 7 months ago #1031

I did indeed get a chesty and some others too.
Yeah you are totally making sense and I think that is why they are just doing one edition now. But you can always buy mounts whichever suits your requirement.

Cheers!
Ravi
  • Ravi1408
  • Fresh Boarder

Re: Anyone interested in the all new Gopro Hero 3+ black? 6 years, 7 months ago #1034

Cool! Thanks Ravi.

I think I might only need the helmet compatible head strap. Most of the other mounts are pretty useless for skiing barring the Helmet front mount. But I don't quite like the idea of adhesion. So the most useful would be the Head Strap. I hope my guy has it.

Thanks again.

ps: SInce you've used the Hero 2, could you please let me know whether (or not) the Hero 3+ is way better than the previous generation. Would be a pretty useful guideline for me in deciding which gen to go for and probably which edition too. Thanks a ton.

Jerry
  • jerrypothen
  • Expert Boarder
JP
Last Edit: 6 years, 7 months ago by jerrypothen.

Re: Anyone interested in the all new Gopro Hero 3+ black? 6 years, 7 months ago #1035

Head strap, pole mount, chesty are all cool for skiing like this guy in the video is using them.

You could use the adhesive mounts on your skis and get some cool shots too.
Well if one has Hero2 then there is no need to buy another one as it is more than good but if you don't own any than go for the Hero3+ as the battery is much better has more juice than any previous versions. Also it performs better in low light than the previous models.

Ravi
  • Ravi1408
  • Fresh Boarder

Re: Anyone interested in the all new Gopro Hero 3+ black? 6 years, 7 months ago #1037

Thanks a bunch Ravi. That helps. I'll Check out the battery specs and see how much difference it really makes. I checked with my contact, he has the Hero 3, not the 3+.
  • jerrypothen
  • Expert Boarder
JP

Re: Anyone interested in the all new Gopro Hero 3+ black? 6 years, 7 months ago #1038

The HERO3 battery a rechargeable lithium-ion battery and is rated at 1050 mAH, 3.7V, and 3885 mWh.
Hero 3+ Rated at 1180mAH, 3.7V, 4366mWh

I think the hero 3+ was launched on 1st October so it will take a little time to reach Indian sellers. The battery is definitely much better in the 3+
  • Ravi1408
  • Fresh Boarder

Re: Anyone interested in the all new Gopro Hero 3+ black? 6 years, 7 months ago #1039

Hmm!

I have a DC16 Power Bank (Nokia). Rated at 1700 mAH. So that should do me one full recharge on the Hero 3 (or 3+) and about 60% on my N8 (1200 mAH). Not bad I suppose.

With 1180 mAH, (or even 1050 on the Hero 3) what do you reckon? 3.5 to 4 Hours of video?? That's a lot of footage. I think. LOL.

Thanks for that Ravi.
Jerry
  • jerrypothen
  • Expert Boarder
JP

Re: Anyone interested in the all new Gopro Hero 3+ black? 6 years, 7 months ago #1040

Well it all depends on the resolution I suppose, did you have a look at the comparison video I just posted. It shows Hero3 is 1.5 hrs @1080p, 30fps while Hero 3+ is 2hrs @1080p, 30fps.
The battery will surely last longer if the resolution and fps is lower.
Not sure 4hrs but more so 2.5-3hrs. Still a lot of footage. Also if you have SP powerbar duo and 2 spare batteries than you can get as much recording as you like.
  • Ravi1408
  • Fresh Boarder

Re: Anyone interested in the all new Gopro Hero 3+ black? 6 years, 7 months ago #1041

Yes. I did. 1.5 to 2 Hrs itself is a lot @ 1080p. Most descents would not take (or have not taken) longer than 15 minutes for me, yet. With backup power the possibilities are endless. Thanks so much Ravi. All of this is really useful info for me.

Jerry :)
  • jerrypothen
  • Expert Boarder
JP

Re: Anyone interested in the all new Gopro Hero 3+ black? 5 years, 5 months ago #1110

Hi Ravi,

Got the ski-mo gear ... Just FYI
How is the cam performing. Did you use it on any outings???

JP
  • jerrypothen
  • Expert Boarder
JP

Re: Anyone interested in the all new Gopro Hero 3+ black? 5 years, 2 months ago #1114

Guys,

If youre considering GoPro, then also check out the Garmin Virb and Mobius sport cam.
Good stuff.
  • jerrypothen
  • Expert Boarder
JP
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds