" To those who have struggled with them, the mountains reveal beauties that they will not disclose to those who make no effort. That is the reward the mountains give to effort. And it is because they have so much to give and give it so lavishly to those who will wrestle with them that men love the mountains and go back to them again and again. The mountains reserve their choice gifts for those who stand upon their summits." -Sir Francis Younghusband.
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Snow shoes in India

Snow shoes in India 7 years, 3 months ago #521

Can I buy snow shoes/ boots in India? Where? i am sure there must be some stores where they are available..
  • maddy
  • Senior Boarder

Re: Snow shoes in India 7 years, 2 months ago #525

Hi ,

Honestly its difficult to buy snow shoes in India . There are limited places you get them . In the cities its next to impossible to find them . Places like - Leh , Manali , Uttarkashi , Kathmandu etc its much easier to find and you get more choice there .

One place I saw them recently was the Decathlon store in Thane. I believe there's one in Bangalore also . Check this out - www.decathlon.in/SHOES-ALPINISM-300-BOOT . If Iam not wrong , I saw Asolo aslo there , but they were the same price range.

Would recommend buying them from one of the above places mentioned as they are hubs for some serious Mountaineering in India. If its a one time use or so , Just rent them out from any of these locations , its works out much more reasonable.

Re: Snow shoes in India 7 years, 2 months ago #527

Also i think try and get in touch with Indian Mountaineering Foundation or Nehru Institute of Mountaineering.. they can most probably help you with information on snow shoes.. all the best!

Re: Snow shoes in India 7 years, 2 months ago #531

NIM & IMF would be helpful if you are looking for reasonable rentals . They both offer rental of equipment (including good quality snow boots) at reasonable prices .

Getting any Info as such from them may not be possible as they dont have any generic help-line number or anything close .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds