" The pleasure of risk is in the control needed to ride it with assurance so that what appears dangerous to the outsider is, to the participant, simply a matter of intelligence, skill, intuition, coordination... in a word, experience. Climbing in particular, is a paradoxically intellectual pastime, but with this difference: you have to think with your body. Every move has to be worked out in terms of playing chess with your body. If I make a mistake the consequences are immediate, obvious, embarrassing, and possibly painful. For a brief period I am directly responsible for my actions. In that beautiful, silent, world of mountains, it seems to me worth a little risk." -A. Alvarez.
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Summitted Mt Aconcagua

Summitted Mt Aconcagua 6 years, 4 months ago #1068

Dear Friends,

Summitted Aconcagua with much Drama ...on 13 January 2014 at 3 PM Argentina time.
Had to leave the operator due to bad weather as the contract with them was almost over ... Had to come down and then again went up without Guide and reached the summit.

Thanks for the useful posts on mountain boots, gears and trainings.

Pictures are at FB:
www.facebook.com/satyarup.siddhanta/medi...240452912&type=1

Best Regards,
Satya
  • Satya
  • Junior Boarder

Re: Summitted Mt Aconcagua 6 years, 4 months ago #1073

Hearty congrats!

I read that one of your team-mates had to be rescued from the mountain by chopper; just play safe and stay long in the sport.
On that note you might consider aiming for "world's slowest 7 summitter". As far as I know no Indian has aimed for it, and coming to think of it it is actually a very challenging goal, probably more than the fastest 7 summiter because you have to stay fit and rich for a very long time to achieve it.

Do keep us posted on your activities, they are very interesting.
All the best,
LR
  • Loneranger
  • Junior Boarder
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds