" The events of the past day have proven to me that I am wholly alive, and that no matter what transpires from here on in, I have truly lived." -Anonymous climber.
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Indian Mountaineers!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Deadliest Mountains

Deadliest Mountains 2 years, 3 months ago #1139

Are there mountains deadlier than Mt. Everest ?
  • avinash093
  • Fresh Boarder

Re: Deadliest Mountains 2 years, 3 months ago #1140

Hi avinash093, there are mountains deadlier than Everest, though they are not the highest.

1. Mt Kanchenjunga (India) : Death rate 22 percent.
2. Mt. K2 (Pakistan and China) : Death rate 19.7 percent.
3. Mt. Annapurna (Nepal) : Death rate 41 percent.
4. Mt Nanga Parbat (Kashmir, India) : Death rate 5.5 percent.
5. Mt. Eiger (Switzerland) : Not comes under category of one of the highest mountains, but has daunting reputation and also known as the Death Wall.
  • PrashantV
  • Fresh Boarder

Re: Deadliest Mountains 2 years ago #1161

Seriously?

Everest has been climbed by pregnant women, blind, lame, maimed people. Little kids. Octogenarians. And countless novices with no mountaineeeing experience whatsoever, from thousands of cities in India and around the world in a ridiculous attempt to be the first person from their respective cities to climb Everest. It basically proves that anyone with reasonable fitness and lot of money (or the skill to manage funds) can climb Everest.

This is no offence to anyone. This is just an observation about how things are done. There are some difficult routes on Everest, but they are only done by an elite few. K2, Kanchenjunga, Meru, Annapurna, The Eiger North face, Nanga Parbat etc are definitely right up there when one talks about deadly peaks.
  • jerrypothen
  • Expert Boarder
  • Trash, Trampoline & The Party Girl
JP
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.13 seconds