" Only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone and hospitalized a brick." -Muhammad Ali.
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Indian Mountaineers!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Equipement shop in Mumbai

Equipement shop in Mumbai 5 months, 1 week ago #1210

Anyone can tell me a good equipament shop in Mumbai, I need to get 30 harnesses for a group and few more things.

Thanks
  • lujan
  • Fresh Boarder

Re: Equipement shop in Mumbai 5 months, 1 week ago #1218

Hi lujan,

I usually refrain from buying Decathlon stuff. But the harnesses they sell are by Simond, a trusted brand based out of Chamonix. Simond harnesses may cost you upwards of 3500.

You can get the contact info for Decathlon Mumbai branches from Decathlon.in

You may also wanna try Avi Industries. A father son team. The father is a passionate climber of yesteryears and the son is a good friend of mine. Although you won't get a lot of extreme gear at their store, but finding harnesses should not be a problem. You can find harnesses by a few famous European brands. I know they sell Rock Empire for sure. Expect to pay upwards of 4000-4500 per harness. Google them. They should be easy to find. Or PM me and I'll share Avinashs (the son) contact info.

If budget is a concern, then do let me know. There might be economical alternatives. (1900-2200 INR range). But advertisements on such forums are unethical. So PM please.

Hope the info here addresses your concern. :)
Happy climbing.
  • jerrypothen
  • Expert Boarder
  • Trash, Trampoline & The Party Girl
JP
Last Edit: 5 months, 1 week ago by jerrypothen.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds