" If adventure has a final and all-embracing motive, it is surely this: we go out because it is our nature to go out, to climb mountains, and to paddle rivers, to fly to the planets and plunge into the depths of the oceans... When man ceases to do these things, he is no longer man." -Wilfrid Noyce.
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Indian Mountaineers!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hi All there...

Hi All there... 6 years, 1 month ago #134

First of all many thanks to the team of Indian Mountaineers. At last we have our own platform to post and get information of our own dearest mountain, the mighty Himalaya.

I have been doing the activities in Himalayas for past few years. And I hope now I have the reason to write about it.

Thanks folks!
Jankinath Sahay
  • Sahay
  • Fresh Boarder

Re: Hi All there... 6 years, 1 month ago #136

Welcome to indian mountaineers bro!
  • skorpion
  • Senior Boarder

Re: Hi All there... 6 years ago #179

Me too. Though just have done few trekkings and have done the Basic Course from ABVIMAS
  • prasanta
  • Fresh Boarder

Re: Hi All there... 6 years ago #180

welcome Prasanta. hope to see you around. where are you from ?
  • admin
  • Administrator
Regards,
Administrator
Indian Mountaineers Community

Re: Hi All there... 6 years ago #181

I am from Kolkata, actually clinical psychologist by profession. This October going for a trek to Dafevir Pass, starting from Uttorey Sikkim through singalila range, ending at Yuksom
  • prasanta
  • Fresh Boarder

Re: Hi All there... 6 years ago #182

Hi Buddy, welcome to the forum !! I have a lot of friends from ABVIMAS , which batch / year did you pass out ? I passed out from NIM in 2007 .

The trek to Dafevir pass sounds interesting , Can you share some more details like how high is the pass , what is the max altitude you touch , how many days , degree of difficulty etc etc .

Re: Hi All there... 6 years ago #183

prasanta wrote:
I am from Kolkata, actually clinical psychologist by profession. This October going for a trek to Dafevir Pass, starting from Uttorey Sikkim through singalila range, ending at Yuksom

hey prasanta,

sounds cool. never heard of this trek. lloking to hear from you more on this. now or may be after you return.
all the best for your trek! enjoy!
  • skorpion
  • Senior Boarder

Re: Hi All there... 5 years, 10 months ago #308

Hi Guys,
I feel if you open a separate Topic for discussions regarding Dafebir Pass, then in future people can easily search this topic.

Cheers,
Deb
  • debanjande
  • Fresh Boarder
~
Cheers,
Deb

Re: Hi All there... 5 years, 10 months ago #310

Hi Deb,

I could not understand what you mean. sorry for that. But, in general, any registered user can start a new topic by himself (third tab in forum section).

Please let me know if you face any issue in that.
  • skorpion
  • Senior Boarder

Re: Hi All there... 5 years, 10 months ago #311

Oh sorry, I meant, seems there are some information exchange/discussion going to happen on Dafebir Pass in this introduction link. So if you people want to discuss on it better would be to create a new topic on Dafebir.
Thanks.

Cheers,
Deb
  • debanjande
  • Fresh Boarder
~
Cheers,
Deb

Re: Hi All there... 5 years, 10 months ago #312

I have been to Dafebir Pass in 2009 and can share some info regarding this. Please create a separate topic. Thanks for understanding.
  • debanjande
  • Fresh Boarder
~
Cheers,
Deb

Re: Hi All there... 5 years, 10 months ago #313

ya right. got it now. thanks.

By the way, welcome to the Indian Mountaineers :), hope to see you around!
You may like to say hi to all with a intro in a separate new topic ;)

keep posting!
  • skorpion
  • Senior Boarder
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds