" The true object, as always, is not simply to get up things and check them off in our guidebook -it is to challenge ourselves." -Doug Robinson.
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Indian Mountaineers!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hi from Deb

Hi from Deb 5 years, 8 months ago #314

Hi Mountaineers,

Myself a mountain lover from Kolkata. Although I'm currently stay in Bangalore for job purpose. Apart from Garwal, Kumaun and Sikkim Himalaya, I got a chance to climb some European peaks as well. I still consider myself as novice though.

Hope I can enrich myself from all of you.

Cheers,
Deb
  • debanjande
  • Fresh Boarder
~
Cheers,
Deb

Re: Hi from Deb 5 years, 8 months ago #316

Welcome Deb!

Hope we all gain from your experience too :)
  • DonAmit
  • Senior Boarder

Re: Hi from Deb 5 years, 8 months ago #319

That sound great Deb. I like your attitude "I still consider myself as novice though" and I completely agree. Mountains offer new challenges every time you meet them, so we are always novice when it comes to mountaineering :). Perhaps, that's the reason Hermann Buhl said that, "The mountains have their own way of dealing with over confidence."

What all peaks you have climbed in India?
  • admin
  • Administrator
Regards,
Administrator
Indian Mountaineers Community

Re: Hi from Deb 5 years, 8 months ago #322

Hi Deb,

Welcome to the forum buddy !! hope to hear from you on all your experiences !

Re: Hi from Deb 5 years, 8 months ago #324

Its bit strange that, till Himalaya have climbed only Kedar Dome. In fact no proper climbing course done, but learning from different people. My main leaning happened in Europe with some enthusiastic friends. If anyone planning for Alps and Elbrus (Russia) I'm more than happy to help them.
Now back in India going to set some future path. Of course, as you rightly said - I continue learning till I alive.
Thanks you all again.
  • debanjande
  • Fresh Boarder
~
Cheers,
Deb
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.12 seconds