" Montani semper liberi." -Motto for the state of West Virginia.
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Indian Mountaineers!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: HI everyone-Travel Buddy

HI everyone-Travel Buddy 5 years, 8 months ago #343

Hi Everyone, If anyone has planned any upcoming Itinerary planned for peak climbing in India/Nepal, keep me posted. I am beginner in mountainering though, the highest elevation been to is 3700 Mts above sea level only. Really looking to pace myself for climb of 6000-7000 + Mtrs in either Uttarakhand or Ladhak region by year end.
If any one had already achieved the same, any suggestions/guidance to achieve the same would be highly appreciated. Since based in Delhi, would be contacting IMF to check the guidelines regarding Peak climbing in India and keep everyone posted. About Myself, treeked a bit in HP and Uttarakhand and did completed a marathon last year (pity couldnt make this year). I feel though that I can take the strains of Mountaineering till 6000 Mts in about 3 mths time.

Re: HI everyone-Travel Buddy 5 years, 8 months ago #346

Hi Vijay,

Warm welcome to the Indian Mountaineer's community , good to know that you are a keen mountaineer. Yes we keep getting info about expeditions being organized and will share that with you as & when we get it , The idea of the forum is to share as much info as possible for the benefit all Mountaineers ;) !!

We are sure you can definitely do well on peaks above 6000 + mts , there is already some info on the forum about peaks Like Stok Kangri which are 6000 + & are good peaks to climb for beginners with least amount of permission & Logistics issues .

Will keep in touch with you and good to have you on the forum !!

Re: HI everyone-Travel Buddy 5 years, 7 months ago #347

Vijay, Welcome to "Indian Mountaineers". Keep asking answering and sharing :)
  • skorpion
  • Senior Boarder

Re: HI everyone-Travel Buddy 5 years, 4 months ago #603

Hi Vijay ,

Me & couple of friends are planning on climbing Island peak on Nepal . Its about 6200 mts and a total of 12 days expedition .
Thought you might be interested in it . Its a good peak for beginners and no major logistics required .

Let me know if you need more details and can send you some details . We are looking at 11th to 24th May .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.12 seconds