" But risks must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing. The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing. He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he cannot learn, feel, change, grow or live. Chained by his servitude he is a slave who has forfeited all freedom. Only a person who risks is free. The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; and the realist adjusts the sails." - William Arthur Ward
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Indian Mountaineers!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Climb On

Climb On 5 years, 6 months ago #448

Hi, all climbing sols, I'm living in south India ,Tamil Nadu, Chennai,I have completed my Basic course in the year 2012. I'm very much interested in Rock Climbing. I in to trekking for several years and organizing treks along with my friends.My aim is to start a climbing school and develop the art of mountaineering.
Attachments:
  • mahi
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Climb On
Lets Climb The Sky

Re: Climb On 5 years, 6 months ago #449

Welcome to Indian Mountaineers Mahi.

Please share your Trekking and Basic Course experience with us. From where did you do the course?

Idea of climbing school sounds great. all the best for that.

Hope to interact you more often. Do bring your BMC friends to the forum :)

Regards
  • admin
  • Administrator
Regards,
Administrator
Indian Mountaineers Community

Re: Climb On 5 years, 6 months ago #454

Hi, thanks for ur appreciation. I did the basic course in HMI in 2012 Nov and awarded A grade. our base camp is at 14500 ft and we summit a peak called Renok, totally we have climbed 16300 ft, that was a great experience.
We where organizing treks almost in south India like Tamil Nadu,Andhra pradesh & karnataka, we also organized white water rafting in Karnataka twice. I'm very much interested in rock climbing but there is no proper training institute in Chennai. If anybody know any trainers or interested to join with me for self practice plz let me know.

Lets climb the sky
Mahi
  • mahi
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Climb On
Lets Climb The Sky

Re: Climb On 5 years, 6 months ago #457

Hi Climb On ,

Welcome to the forum ! Good to know you have done your basic course recently. So you did it from HMI Darjeeling right ?

Yes there is a scarcity of good & serious rock climbing enthusiasts over- all . Iam based out of Pune and we have started our on little initiative of rock climbing & artificial wall climbing , we meet on Sundays and so some stuff .

Do you have artificial walls in Chennai , may be you can start from there .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds