" When you ride your bike, you're working your legs, but your mind is on a treadmill. When you play chess, your mind is clicking along, but your body is stagnating. Climbing brings it together in a beautiful, magical way. The adrenaline is flowing, and it's flowing all the time." -Pat Ament.
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Indian Mountaineers!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hello All mountaineers!!

Hello All mountaineers!! 5 years, 6 months ago #590

Hello All,

This is Avijit from Delhi. I'm an IT Professional, having more than 8 years of work exp. Had been in Delhi since 2001. Born and brought up @ Kolkata.

Since my childhood I liked traveling, trekking, hiking, camping. During my school days we went to couple of places for short trips which included short trekking or hiking. We went to Puri, Konark, Pipli (Orissa), Phuentsholing (Bhutan), Jaldapara Sanctuary (North Bengal), Massanjore (West Bengal) and few other places.Though with time and professional growth, the 'time' has become a scarce resource. Still its very difficult to ignore the attraction of adventures!!

Though I do not have typical trekking or hiking experience, but I'm more than eager to explore such avenues.

I will also like to know if there is any professional institute or organizations in and around Delhi who are conducting treks and hike and camps for amateurs or busy work professionals :)

Bye!! Ciao for now :)
  • avijit1982
  • Fresh Boarder

Re: Hello All mountaineers!! 5 years, 6 months ago #591

Welcome to the forum Avijit, Thanks for the intro. Good to know about you.

I am sure you will get some details about your question about organizations. meanwhile you can check yhaindia.org
  • admin
  • Administrator
Regards,
Administrator
Indian Mountaineers Community

Re: Hello All mountaineers!! 5 years, 6 months ago #593

Hi Avijit ,

Welcome to the forum buddy !

Great to know that you are interested to explore new avenues in hiking at trekking . In my opinion closest to Delhi is Rishikesh if you want to explore some good weekend treks and adventure activites . There is a wide range of good trekking companies operating out of there , Snow Leaopard Adventures being the oldest one . They do many weekend , overnight light treks which are good for a start .

Slightly far would be some good options around Manali where you can do treks starting from a day to 15 days also .

Let us know what kind of treks or route's you would be interested in and we can give you more Information . In the eman time google for - Vxplor (Delhi based) and Snow Leopard adventures (Rishikesh based) .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.12 seconds