" Together we knew toil, joy and pain. My fervent wish is that the nine of us who were united in face of death should remain fraternally united through life." - Maurice Herzog, Annapurna 1950
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Indian Mountaineers!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Trained mountaineer and high altitude trekker

Trained mountaineer and high altitude trekker 5 years, 2 months ago #625

I am by profession a research software engineer. I am trained mountaineer and high altitude trekker. I have climbed several smaller peaks but assaulted one virgin peaks in the Himalayas ( one near Jyolinkong, Chhota Kailash/Ohm Parvat). This was annual expedition funded by Ministry of Youth Affairs and Indian Mountaineering Federation (IMF), New Delhi.

I would like I got trained in BHU Mountaineering Center and Nodal Center for Mountaineering and Allied Sports of BHU Varanasi.
I have done all the basic, advance and benightment and ice-crafting within a crevasse.

Also got a short training at Neharu Insitute of Mountaineering, Uttarkashi. The BHU University Mountaineering Center has history of visitors including Edmund Hillary, and Tenzing Norke. The center was started by one of the pioneer of Indian mountaineers from Doon Publich School, Major Gurudayal Singh, and his one of the pupil founded one center in BHU when he was in IT-BHU as professor.

I am delighted that such web portal has come up where we can connect with fellow mountaineer enthusiasts.
Kumar Hemant

Re: Trained mountaineer and high altitude trekker 5 years, 2 months ago #626

Hemant,

Welcome to Indian Mountaineers. Its good to know about BHU Mountaineering Center, I was unaware of it.
Looking forward to your active participation. Yes, connecting with fellow mountaineer enthusiasts, sharing and helping each other is the sole purpose of this portal.

Hope toy see you around helping and shaing information. :-)
Good day!
  • skorpion
  • Senior Boarder
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.14 seconds