" Mountains have a way of dealing with overconfidence." -Hermann Buhl.
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Indian Mountaineers!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
  • Page:

TOPIC: This is Satya

This is Satya 4 years, 11 months ago #786

Dear Mountaineers,

This is Satya... Satyarup Siddhanta
Born in Kolkata...brought up in a place called Berhampore in West Bengal... Engineering from Sikkim ... Working in Bangalore for 8+years.

Used to go to trekking in and around Karnataka... then I took a call to hike the Everest Base camp and Kalapatthar... That changed my world. I fell in love with the mighty Everest.
Never before I knew about Mallory, the 96 disaster, the stories of Everest, Ama Dablam ,
not even the exact height of Mt Everest :)

I took great interest in the mountains and I am glad I did.I learnt one thing ... its not Bravado but skills u should be equipped with if you have to reach to the top of the world. And I went to HMI, Darjeeling for the basic course. A great course with great exposure while in the Rathong glacier, and climbing the Renauk peak. A paradigm shift. HMI also taught to respect nature.

Then I have been to Mt Kilimanjaro Machame route (highest mountain in Africa), Mt Meru, Mt Elbrus (highest mountain in Europe). In October I am planning to climb the Frey peak in Sikkim. And in December end I am planning to reach to the top of Mt Aconcagua in Argentina...the highest mountain in South America.

Finally I need to do an advanced course from HMI before I plan out Denali the highest peak in North America.

A step by step approach of gaining height to know how my body reacts to high altitude and getting my body used to it. Like many mountaineers, I too have a dream of doing the 7 summits. With all your blessings and well wishes I am sure I will do it!

I did tasted failure while our attempt to climb Mt Jogin III, the mountain didn't allowed us to go ahead by posing huge crevasses ... niether we nor the Navy had the ladders to cross those crevasses and we had to come back. But that taught me a lesson too.

I am glad I joined this group and looking forward to learn from all of you and your experiences, passion and dreams.

Cheers,
Satya
  • Satya
  • Junior Boarder
Last Edit: 4 years, 9 months ago by Satya. Reason: spelling mistake

Re: This is Satya 4 years, 11 months ago #787

Welcome to the forum Satya!

I must say, that was very good introduction that you have posted. Pretty impressive journey and achievements in mountaineering. Let us know your feedback / comments / suggestions as well.

Welcome again.

happy climbing!
  • admin
  • Administrator
Regards,
Administrator
Indian Mountaineers Community

Re: This is Satya 4 years, 11 months ago #789

Welcome to the Forum Satya !

I have a pretty similar story to your's . I did my basic course from NIM back in 2005 and started doing small hikes and treks in the Sahyadri's and Indian Himalaya's until I went to the Everest Base camp in 2008 .

Since then I have been going to Nepal every year , Did Mera Peak , Island peak climbs successfully and went to the EBC multiple times .

Have set my eye's on working towards the 8848 climb in 2015 or 2016 .

Good to have you on the forum buddy . Will keep in touch .

Re: This is Satya 4 years, 11 months ago #790

Aweeesmmm. I have plans for the 8848m in 2015 .. looking madly for sponsors :(
gr8 to get u in this forum.
:)
  • Satya
  • Junior Boarder

Re: This is Satya 4 years, 11 months ago #807

Good to know that Satya , May be we should connect sometime off-line and discuss more on this .

Re: This is Satya 4 years, 11 months ago #822

Hi Satya,

Was brilliant reading about your experiences. I guess, wit the fact that you've already covered 2 of the 7 summits, sets you well on the course of preparation for your Everest 2015 endeavor. Like Grape_ bus700, and you, sponsorship is one huge monster , been trying to figure out how to tackle . Been doing a couple of 6000 + peaks with grape_bus and glad to have a good climbing patner . Do share with us your next few ventures and will be great if we can join you .

Regards,

Sam

Re: This is Satya 4 years, 11 months ago #826

Hey Samir,

Great to find you here. I am equally interested in your summit plans ...do let me know when you are going for any climb. if my finance and work permits I would love to join you guys. We must meetup sometime. Right now I am struggling to arrange 4000$ for Aconcagua climb. No idea how to approach sponsors. Col Neeraj Rana who was the principal of NIM as well as HMI arranges the logistics of Mt Everest expedition. I am eyeing on him for Everest. Charges are like 21 lacs this year.

Cheers,
Satya
  • Satya
  • Junior Boarder

Re: This is Satya 4 years, 11 months ago #830

Hey Satya,

Wish you all the best. Have set my sights on Amadablam next year and have to try raising a little over the amount you mentioned. This looks like a great forum to stay connected. Have done my training from ABVIMAS, also called WHMI, Manali. Will try getting some of my course mates on as well so that we can pool in information about various climbs happening through the season.

Cheers
Sam

Re: This is Satya 4 years, 11 months ago #831

Ohhhh Mannn,

you are going to AmaDablam ... I am now feeling jealous lolzzzz
It is such a beautiful yet Dangerous Mountain...
All the very best for that ... with whom are you going peak freks or Dan?

Nice to get in touch with you in this forum!

Cheers,
Satya
  • Satya
  • Junior Boarder

Re: This is Satya 4 years, 11 months ago #854

Hi Satya,

Welcome to the forum and wish you all the best for your preparation for South America and in advance for the Seven Summits ( I presume)

Regards,

Re: This is Satya 4 years, 11 months ago #857

Thanks Solo Climber. :)
  • Satya
  • Junior Boarder
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds