" Only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone and hospitalized a brick." -Muhammad Ali.
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Need info about Indian Climbers who scaled Aconcagua

Need info about Indian Climbers who scaled Aconcagua 4 years, 9 months ago #1016

Hi,

Finally my tickets are booked for Aconcagua.
Want to know who are the climbers from India who climbed Mt Aconcagua before.

I could find:
Malli Mastan Babu, Premlata Agarwal,Meghlal Mahato, Binita Soren , Krushnaa Patil

Any more names, please let me know.

Regards,
Satyarup Siddhanta
  • Satya
  • Junior Boarder

Re: Need info about Indian Climbers who scaled Aconcagua 4 years, 8 months ago #1049

Hi Satya ,

Caught up on this tread late . So when are you going for this brilliant climb .

Dont know anyone else , but Malli Mastan is a close friend , he did this climb in 2006 as a part of his fastest 7 Summit climb . If you need some Info , Can pass on his email ID to you .

If you dont mind me asking you , who have you tied up with for this and whats the approx. cost including the air fare .

Re: Need info about Indian Climbers who scaled Aconcagua 4 years, 8 months ago #1050

Hi Satya,

A friend, Avilash Bisht successfully summitted Aconcagua earlier this year in January. Another friend went in 2011 but could not summit is Somasekhar Sundaresan. Bad weather forced his team off 200m odd metres short of the summit.\

Let me know if you would want to contact them and i'll connect you guys.

Regards,
Gaurav

Re: Need info about Indian Climbers who scaled Aconcagua 4 years, 7 months ago #1059

Hey,

Sorry I couldnt reply on this threadd earlier.
I am leaving on the coming Monday, 23 December, and I will be back on 17 Jan.
Air fare costed me 1.5 lakhs
cost came up to 3600$.
I have tied up with an operator summit aconcagua.
I am not joining a foreign expedition though. But an exclusive Indian group to make it an Indian expedition. We are 4 member team and I am leading that team.
Again I have made the itinerary as custom one to tackle bad weathers...having a buffer of 4 days for summit.
I am already in touch with Malli.

Thanks iceman :) I am late
  • Satya
  • Junior Boarder

Re: Need info about Indian Climbers who scaled Aconcagua 4 years, 6 months ago #1069

Summitted!
  • Satya
  • Junior Boarder

Re: Need info about Indian Climbers who scaled Aconcagua 4 years, 6 months ago #1070

Dude Satya !! Thats awesome .. CONGRATULATIONS and well done .

Tell me more about it , like how was the route , how many camps did you guys set up , about the Summit night and most importantly some pictures .

Looking forward to hear from you ..

Re: Need info about Indian Climbers who scaled Aconcagua 4 years, 5 months ago #1071

Well its a long story .. to cut it short ... a very challenging climb because of the rough weather ...
It isnt a snow covered peak unlike Elbrus ... weather is very dry ... daytime super hot..night time super cold ... fluctuating weather ...

Camp 1 : Confluencia 3370 m ..in fixed tent
Camp 2 : Plaza De Mulus base camp ... set our tent 4300m
High Camp 1: Plaza Canada 5050 m
High Camp 2: Nedo di candores 5560m
High Camp 3: Colera 5870m
Summit 6962m

After many acclimatization finally we decided to summit on 10th January and was at Camp Nedo on 7th January ..plan was to stay till 8th and 9th we move to colera and 10th we summit ... 8th night at Nedo we got this furious storm, the whole night it was howling at 80-90km/h ...struggled to keep our tents intact ... got ready with wind proofs and down jackets such that as soon as tent tears off, we will need to run and take shelter in ranger tents... somehow our Mountain Hardware tent survived that night ... the forecast was worse the next 2 days ... and our contract with the operator was about to over in 3 days ... the operator denied to stay there or go up siting the reasons that they will be jailed if something happens to us...i understood their concerns and went down to base camp the next day and did all the formalities of signing the bond, and other stuffs as I decided to go up without guide ... while I was arranging for rentals of tents and food and fuel , I fortunately came across my friends who were also doing the summit.. they assured me that they have a spare tent and spare fuel, all I needed was to arrange food ... the operator guides helped me to arrange foods for the next 5 days ... dollars were running short...the very fact i didnt needed to hire a tent and stove and fuel saved me almost 300$..its so expensive .. the very next day went straight up to Nedo the High Camp 2 from Base Camp ... rested the next day...it snowed heavily that day... learnt how to cook in high altitudes using Primus, how to set up a stove, it was fun ... it used to snow inside our tents too :) and finally went to Colera on 12th ... melting snow to get water used to be the challenging part....the night didnt had sleep ... it was almost like sleeping on the top of kilimanjaro.

Gave rest to the body by lying down ...early morning 3 AM while I was melting snow, I made a mistake of doing so in my inner boot and liner gloves...soon my hands and feet froze...ran inside the tent to get the warmth of sleeping bag ... it was the summit day... decided to start at 5 AM as got some expert advice from people who summitted and from people who couldnt was not to start too early because the wind chill factor goes very low making it very difficult ... finally putting some toe warmers in the Baruntse, I started ...its a long long day...my index finger was having an infection and swelled to double the size almost ...it was getting very difficult to hold the poles with the mittons on... as the sunrise happenned got rid of the mitts and it became comfortable... at around 10:30 I reached the cave from which the toughest part last 200m Canalata starts... took a nap of 10 minutes, hydrated, at 11 started to attack the Canalata section...very tricky section with rock falls ...had to put helmet on... screeches all over making it very difficult, every two steps makes u skid down by a step ... snow with less moisture content and then loose gravels ... hell of a climb... Finally at 3 PM reached the summit...hick clouds covered the top...starting of a bad weather ... had to hurry back ...at 3:30 I started back from the summit to reach the tent at colera at 7:30 PM.
Next day came to base camp at 4300m and whole night did a night trek ...to reach 2700m ... i had a flight to catch!
Came to know the next 4 days the nobody could summit because of the bad weather... lucky to knock off this one from the list!

Cheers,
Satya
  • Satya
  • Junior Boarder

Re: Need info about Indian Climbers who scaled Aconcagua 4 years, 5 months ago #1072

Well its a long story .. to cut it short ... a very challenging climb because of the rough weather ...
It isnt a snow covered peak unlike Elbrus ... weather is very dry ... daytime super hot..night time super cold ... fluctuating weather ...

Camp 1 : Confluencia 3370 m ..in fixed tent
Camp 2 : Plaza De Mulus base camp ... set our tent 4300m
High Camp 1: Plaza Canada 5050 m
High Camp 2: Nedo di candores 5560m
High Camp 3: Colera 5870m
Summit 6962m

After many acclimatization finally we decided to summit on 10th January and was at Camp Nedo on 7th January ..plan was to stay till 8th and 9th we move to colera and 10th we summit ... 8th night at Nedo we got this furious storm, the whole night it was howling at 80-90km/h ...struggled to keep our tents intact ... got ready with wind proofs and down jackets such that as soon as tent tears off, we will need to run and take shelter in ranger tents... somehow our Mountain Hardware tent survived that night ... the forecast was worse the next 2 days ... and our contract with the operator was about to over in 3 days ... the operator denied to stay there or go up siting the reasons that they will be jailed if something happens to us...i understood their concerns and went down to base camp the next day and did all the formalities of signing the bond, and other stuffs as I decided to go up without guide ... while I was arranging for rentals of tents and food and fuel , I fortunately came across my friends who were also doing the summit.. they assured me that they have a spare tent and spare fuel, all I needed was to arrange food ... the operator guides helped me to arrange foods for the next 5 days ... dollars were running short...the very fact i didnt needed to hire a tent and stove and fuel saved me almost 300$..its so expensive .. the very next day went straight up to Nedo the High Camp 2 from Base Camp ... rested the next day...it snowed heavily that day... learnt how to cook in high altitudes using Primus, how to set up a stove, it was fun ... it used to snow inside our tents too :) and finally went to Colera on 12th ... melting snow to get water used to be the challenging part....the night didnt had sleep ... it was almost like sleeping on the top of kilimanjaro.

Gave rest to the body by lying down ...early morning 3 AM while I was melting snow, I made a mistake of doing so in my inner boot and liner gloves...soon my hands and feet froze...ran inside the tent to get the warmth of sleeping bag ... it was the summit day... decided to start at 5 AM as got some expert advice from people who summitted and from people who couldnt was not to start too early because the wind chill factor goes very low making it very difficult ... finally putting some toe warmers in the Baruntse, I started ...its a long long day...my index finger was having an infection and swelled to double the size almost ...it was getting very difficult to hold the poles with the mittons on... as the sunrise happenned got rid of the mitts and it became comfortable... at around 10:30 I reached the cave from which the toughest part last 200m Canalata starts... took a nap of 10 minutes, hydrated, at 11 started to attack the Canalata section...very tricky section with rock falls ...had to put helmet on... screeches all over making it very difficult, every two steps makes u skid down by a step ... snow with less moisture content and then loose gravels ... hell of a climb... Finally at 3 PM reached the summit...thick clouds covered the top...starting of a bad weather ... had to hurry back ...at 3:30 I started back from the summit to reach the tent at colera at 7:30 PM.
Next day came to base camp at 4300m and whole night did a night trek ...to reach 2700m ... i had a flight to catch!
Came to know the next 4 days the nobody could summit because of the bad weather... lucky to knock off this one from the list!

Picture:
www.facebook.com/satyarup.siddhanta/medi...240452912&type=1

Planning a Denali without guide this June!

Cheers,
Satya
  • Satya
  • Junior Boarder
Last Edit: 4 years, 5 months ago by Satya.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds