" The mountains have rules. they are harsh rules, but they are there, and if you keep to them you are safe. A mountain is not like men. A mountain is sincere. The weapons to conquer it exist inside you, inside your soul." -Walter Bonatti.
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ueli Steck Solos Annapurna South Face

Ueli Steck Solos Annapurna South Face 6 years, 6 months ago #1017

www.alpinist.com/doc/web13f/newswire-new...south-face-annapurna

I wish Indians also become innovative and push the boundaries of the sport. Mostly* what I see Indians do is trying to set records like being the first Mallu to climb Everest, or first Gujju woman to climb the seven summits or youngest diabetic to climb everest etc., after 100s or 1000's of people have climbed those mountains.

Compare the mela on Everest with solo-ing the South Face of Annapurna! They are leagues apart!

*Obviously there would be exceptions, but those are unfortunately not as well-known or media-covered as the others; that is the tragedy of Indian mountaineering scene
  • Loneranger
  • Junior Boarder

Re: Ueli Steck Solos Annapurna South Face 6 years, 6 months ago #1018

Hats off to Ueli...he is extreme!
  • himank
  • Fresh Boarder

Re: Ueli Steck Solos Annapurna South Face 6 years, 5 months ago #1019

www.climbing.com/news/steck-28-hours-up-...nnapurna-south-face/

From Pokhara, Nepal, Steck told Griffith: "I think I finally found my high-altitude limit. If I climb anything harder than that, I think I will kill myself. To climb something technical in a cool style like that is what I wanted to do."

That's a 21st century climbing hero!
  • Loneranger
  • Junior Boarder
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.13 seconds