" What one leads on-sight, in good, strong style, safely, is what one's ability is." -Pat Ament.
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 7000m under 50k?

7000m under 50k? 2 years ago #1129

Hi guys!

I know some of the people here have been to Nun/Kun/Kamet/Satopanth/Trisul and the other big mountains.
But my budget and time is restricted to 50k and 30 days, ideally between 31st July to 29th August.
Can someone please let me know if they have used any agency or individual guides who are economical.
I am okay with load ferry(max 20kgs at a time) and surely don't require a pizza or pan cake up on the mountain.
Have majority of the equipments so no need to worry on that part. The picture attached here is not all of it.

Thanks for your support :)
Attachments:
  • Ravi1408
  • Fresh Boarder

Re: 7000m under 50k? 1 year, 7 months ago #1159

Ravi,

I have been doing solo climbs and commercial expeditions with paying clients for a while now. All sorts of stuff, be it mountaineering, Alpine ascents, ski mountaineering, back country skiing etc.

You can join an agency for even less than 50k. That's not a big deal. The deal is whether you'll get on top. In all probability, any agency or guide doing a big 7000+ mountain for that price is out to fleece you. When I was leading an expedition to Nun in 2013, I had 3 paying clients (a lot more than 50k). While at the base camp, we were followed by a team from Bombay, whose summit window was five days after ours. They had probably paid the guide 45k per head. After two weeks of climbing, when we were back from the summit to the base camp, that team was still at the base camp with the guide and a couple of "climbers" at camp 1.

Long story short, if that is how you wanna climb, then sure I can share a few names who will organise 7000+ expeditions for you. :) let me know.

Looked at your pic. Crampons, ice axe, Boots, Ski Goggles etc are not in the pic. Plan to rent them? Or they're just not in the pic since you said it's not all of it.

Ravi1408 wrote:
Hi guys!

I know some of the people here have been to Nun/Kun/Kamet/Satopanth/Trisul and the other big mountains.
But my budget and time is restricted to 50k and 30 days, ideally between 31st July to 29th August.
Can someone please let me know if they have used any agency or individual guides who are economical.
I am okay with load ferry(max 20kgs at a time) and surely don't require a pizza or pan cake up on the mountain.
Have majority of the equipments so no need to worry on that part. The picture attached here is not all of it.

Thanks for your support :)
  • jerrypothen
  • Expert Boarder
  • Trash, Trampoline & The Party Girl
JP
Last Edit: 1 year, 7 months ago by jerrypothen.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds