" To put yourself into a situation where a mistake cannot necessarily be recouped, where the life you lose may be your own, clears the head wonderfully. It puts domestic problems back into proportion and adds an element of seriousness to your drab, routine life. Perhaps this is one reason why climbing has become increasingly hard as society has become increasingly, disproportionately, coddling." -A. Alvarez, The Games Climbers Play.
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: High altitude trekking

High altitude trekking 1 year, 9 months ago #1141

Is it safe to go for Everest Base Camp alone? Or should i hire a guide/ company tour ?

Re: High altitude trekking 1 year, 9 months ago #1142

I think it is alwayz wise to go with a company if you are planning EBC trekking. Anything may go wrong on the way so I always suggest you to make a group or something to go trekking.
We provide you with some amazing guides that will make your Everest Base Camp Trek a memorable one.

Re: High altitude trekking 1 year, 9 months ago #1143

Hiring a company is recommended because it will take care of your trekking permits, lukla flights, tea house bookings, and the best part is you know you are safe when you are with someone who is experienced.
  • arpedia
  • Fresh Boarder

Re: High altitude trekking 1 year, 7 months ago #1160

Its really a question of how prepared and how confident one is. Some people will do a relatively easy trip in a group, others will climb something seriously technical all alone. So it's really a question of how equipped you believe you are. If youre good, then a solo trip can be really satisfying.

But from a safety perspective, it always makes sense to atleast go with a partner if not an agency/group.

Regarding EBC specifically...
1. Trekking infrastructure in Nepal is phenomenal.
2. Trails are well marked.
3. Permits can be easily had from Katmandu.
4. The trail is punctuated with sufficient number of tea houses. If tired, stay at the next available tea house.
5. Flights can be done by anyone really. :)

That said, it's good to be on the trail with a partner if not a group.
  • jerrypothen
  • Expert Boarder
  • Trash, Trampoline & The Party Girl
JP
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.12 seconds