" Many years ago, I climbed the mountains, even thought it is forbidden. Things are not as they teach us; the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky." -From a dying Star Trek character.
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Andy Houseman's attempt of Chamlang (7314m) in the Hongu valley, Nepal

Andy Houseman's attempt of Chamlang (7314m) in the Hongu valley, Nepal 7 years, 4 months ago #296

Andy Houseman in his blog, writes about his attempt of Chamlang (7314m) in the Hongu valley, Nepal, along with Nick Bullock. He says that unfortunately (again) the weather didn't play ball and they never got to have a proper good go at their objective for the expedition - the North Face of Chamlang, last year on Kyashar in the spring it was snow, this year it was the wind.

They left Kathmandu on the 4th October along with Jack, Rob and Graham and made it to Lukla without incident where they met up with Gary, Tania and their amazing base camp team - Buddi and Santosh before they all started the 8 day trek into their base camp in the Hongu Valley. The route takes you out of Lukla and up over the Zatrwa La pass before dropping down into the Hinku valley and following this up to Khare and over the Mera La to finally drop down into the Hongu Valley and out base camp. With Peak 41 (Jack and Rob) to one side, Chamlang to the other and Hunku (Garry and Graham) just up the valley it was a pretty perfect location.

For more about the complete happenings, read his blog- andyhouseman.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/windy-in-hongu.html
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds