" The true object, as always, is not simply to get up things and check them off in our guidebook -it is to challenge ourselves." -Doug Robinson.
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Need Info Regarding Nilkantha

Need Info Regarding Nilkantha 7 years, 3 months ago #309

Hi ,

I'm planning for a climb to Nilkantha peak in June 2013. Can you guys please share some info regarding this.

Thanks in advanced.

Cheers,
Deb
  • debanjande
  • Fresh Boarder
~
Cheers,
Deb
Last Edit: 7 years, 3 months ago by admin.

Re: Need Info Regarding Nilkantha 7 years, 3 months ago #320

Hi Deb,

That's brilliant to know that you are planning to do this, I am guessing you have a good & rich mountaineering experience over-all.

Nilkantha (also popularly known as Mt. Kailash) , is definitely regarded as a tough and one of the most beautiful peaks of that region. At a distance of about 10 kms from Badrinath temple and the summit at about 21,650 feet , The west ridge of this mountain is most commonly climbed in recent times but the North-east ridge has also been attempted and climbed. , Not much detailed info is available but it was first attempted in 1993 and only in 2000 the second time .

Would be great to know about your plans in a little more detail , when you planning to climb and which route . It will surely benefit the users on the forum :)

Re: Need Info Regarding Nilkantha 7 years, 3 months ago #326

Thanks very much. Its a very helpful info. Also today I went through one write up about it.
www.himalayanadventure.com/article_n_kr_nilkanthai.html

Actually barring me, our expected team is having huge experience and that's why we are eyeing it.
  • debanjande
  • Fresh Boarder
~
Cheers,
Deb
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.12 seconds