" Like a drop of water falls from the summit, that's the line I shall take." -E. Comici.
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Trekking Annapurna

Trekking Annapurna 7 years, 3 months ago #361

Hi,

I've been given an option of doing the Annapurna circuit or the trek to Annapurna Base Camp. Which one is a preferred OPtion ?

Re: Trekking Annapurna 7 years, 3 months ago #370

Hi Buddy,

I have personally not done these treks , but know a little about it :

Annapurna Base camp trek - The trek is about 12 - 14 days in duration & the maximum altitude you touch is about 4200 mts , Most of the trek is through scenic villages, rich oak, pine and rhododendron forests , the walk on the glacier isnt much . This is recommended more for first timers , amateur trekkers and especially those hard pressed on time .

The Annapurna circuit - The trek is about 20 - 22 days , The highest point of the trek is Thorungla pass at the top of the valley at 5416m high. Due to the difficulties of crossing the pass, the circuit is usually walked in a counter clockwise direction. Traveling clockwise the longer ascent and shorter descent from west to east is too much for many peoples to manage in one day.But the road construction on the Manang side has reduced the charm of the trek . This would be recommended for more experienced trekkers with some experience on high altitude as 15 days + beyond 3500 mts takes its toll and is surely for people with endurance !!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds