" Somewhere between the bottom of the climb and the summit is the answer to the mystery why we climb." -Greg Child.
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Info on Mt Kalanag / Black Peak in Garhwal

Info on Mt Kalanag / Black Peak in Garhwal 5 years, 9 months ago #400

Hello Grape_Bus700,

Thank you so much for a warm welcome to the forum.

Kalanag Expedition: We are in the primary stages of collecting all related info regarding the route and itinerary. I had been doing some bit of research online and the route that the recent expeditions have taken is as mentioned below:-

* Dehradun
* Sankri (Via Purola) 1920 mt
* Taluka (Road Head) 2150 mt

Trek starts from here

* Seema 2550 mt
* Ruinsara Taal 3350 mt
* Kiarkoti (Base Camp) 3750 mt
* Camp-1 4150 mt
* Camp-2 4850 mt
* Summit Camp 5500 mt
* Summit 6387 mt

We have contacted our expedition guide and we are expecting him to get back to us with the complete itinerary very soon; I will update the forum with the details as soon as I get it.
  • srikant.c
  • Fresh Boarder
BMC-HMI, Batch 298
Stok Kangri Expedition-2012

Info on Mt Kalanag / Black Peak in Garhwal 5 years, 9 months ago #402

Hi Srikant,

This is good Information buddy , Infact I was also looking for some info about Kalanag online , the route and some previous experience by climbers , but not much is available . Would be great to hear from you guys first hand .

So when is the expedition planned and how may people are a part of it ..

--

Info on Mt Kalanag / Black Peak in Garhwal 5 years, 9 months ago #405

Hi Grape_Bus700,

Our expedition is being planned for May 2013. The team size would be around 6-7 members including 4 climbing members and 2-3 trekking members who would be managing the Base Camp and the administrative areas. We are considering Mr. Ramlal to guide the expedition and manage the porters and supplies.
  • srikant.c
  • Fresh Boarder
BMC-HMI, Batch 298

Re: Info on Mt Kalanag / Black Peak in Garhwal 5 years, 9 months ago #406

Hey Srikant,

Thanks good to know that you are planning for Black Peak. Its beautiful peak. Keep us posted with the latest updates.
What are the unknowns that you are struggling with in your current planing stage?

by the way, just moved the thread to mountaineering section.

excited to to hear more updates and stories from you!
  • admin
  • Administrator
Regards,
Administrator
Indian Mountaineers Community

Re: Info on Mt Kalanag / Black Peak in Garhwal 5 years, 9 months ago #410

Thanks for starting the new thread on Mt. Kalanag.

The unknowns as of now:

Roadhead to BC
- Daily trekking distances/ time

BC to C-1 and C2
- Distances and approx time

C-1/C-2/Summit Camp/Summit
- Distances and approx time
- Route and technical challenges (except that there is a crevasse zone near the summit camp)

Maps and Sheets:
A Contour Map of the area would be helpful.

No proper info available online about the technical climbing challenges & the route. Depending solely on the guide to clarify the same for us on his arrival.

Guidance from somebody who has climbed the peak already is what we need now. Hope to see some inputs here soon. As far as I am aware, a team led my Anindya Mukherjee (Proprietor of Adventure Mania) from Kolkata had climbed the peak last year.

Attaching a map downloaded from the Himalayan Club's online journal:-

MAP-HIMALAYANCLUBJOURNAL.jpg

Thanks,
  • srikant.c
  • Fresh Boarder
BMC-HMI, Batch 298
Last Edit: 5 years, 9 months ago by srikant.c.

Re: Info on Mt Kalanag / Black Peak in Garhwal 5 years, 9 months ago #411

Hi Srikant,

Iam sure you guys will have a successful and great expedition , Sometime's the unknown's are as exciting !!

Would be great if you can share the info on the forum as and when you gather it for the benefit of all :) .

Re: Info on Mt Kalanag / Black Peak in Garhwal 5 years, 7 months ago #513

Hi Srikant,

How are you doing , How is your preparation doing for the Mt. Kalanag expedition . When are you guys going .

Re: Info on Mt Kalanag / Black Peak in Garhwal 4 years, 5 months ago #1080

Hi Grape-Bus700,

I am sorry I could not respond to your post earlier. Couldn't visit the forum for a long time.

Unfortunately, we had to cancel our expedition to Mt. Kalanag due to two issues:-
1) Shortage of fund
2) Uttarakhand Floods. Our Association did not want to take the risk.

Anyway, we are organising an expedition to Mt. CB-13 this year in July. We have already got the IMF approval and now we are facing the biggest hurdle of all- Collecting Funds. So, if we are able to collect 3 Lacs for this expedition and complete the expedition, I will post the details here.

Cheers :)
  • srikant.c
  • Fresh Boarder
BMC-HMI, Batch 298
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds