" I have noticed that youngsters given to the climbing habit usually do something when they grow up" -Elbert Hubbard (1856-1915), American editor, publisher and writer.
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Raising money for mountaineering, Himalayan expedition

Raising money for mountaineering, Himalayan expedition 7 years, 1 month ago #462

How to raise funds for expedition expense? i want to know how to raise money for expedition. actually i want to help one of my friends to raise money for a Himalayan expedition. Can mountaineering clubs help?

Re: Raising money for mountaineering, Himalayan expedition 7 years, 1 month ago #465

Well, to begin with, see if you can raise the money on your own. :p .. On a serious note, though, mountaineering expedition, especially to himalayas need a lot of preparation, so it needs big bucks too. Hence, for starters, what you can think of doing is to get attached to a company - ( it could be the company you work for )and pitch your concept infront of the office bearers. through the company try and get the media attention and publicize the expedition so that people know and can contribute if they wish. Another thing which can be done is to build a certain image for the company, brand or line of products. Overdeliver and under promise if you are collaborating with company. Make your event a part of the company's events - fairs, promotions, sales pushes etc. it can be good for the company too. Selling film or photographs of a previous climb may help too. In India, you could perhaps approach mountaineering clubs like Giripremi and Girivihar.
hope this suffices! all the best !
  • uphillclimb
  • Senior Boarder

Re: Raising money for mountaineering, Himalayan expedition 7 years, 1 month ago #466

To add to what uphillclimb has mentioned, I would say, one effective way is to plan for post expedition souvenir in the from of a booklet of articles and photos from the expedition. You can get raise money from multiple small medium businesses against the advertisement in this souvenir. It's one of the ways we use for fund raising.

It risky to rely on a single sponsor for the expedition because in case the sponsor backout or cuts down the sponsorship amount, entire expedition can collapse and efforts of planning are wasted. It becomes very difficult to find another sponsor at last moment.
  • paresh
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.12 seconds