Hey, hey I listen to you pray as if some help will come..." -Lyrics from White Coats by New Model Army.
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Unexplored areas in India in Himalayas

Unexplored areas in India in Himalayas 7 years, 1 month ago #498

What are the most unexplored areas in Indian Himalayas? there are so many peaks and obviously all of them are not in India. So it is sometimes confusing.. So i wanted to know which ones are in India and those which have not been explored much..
  • uphillclimb
  • Senior Boarder

Re: Unexplored areas in India in Himalayas 7 years, 1 month ago #501

Hi Buddy,

The Himalayas are home to some of the highest elevations in the world. Major part of the Himalayas falls in India, Nepal and Bhutan. Compared to Indian and Nepalese parts, Bhutan is small in size.
Most part of the Greater Himalayas (the central crystallines) are very difficult terrains because of the very high peaks and also jungles. but Yes, there are plenty of unexplored areas. I remember reading somewhere as many as 500 sq km blocks where there is not even a single village.

Since travel to parts of the Himalayas is limited by things like accessibility (only a few pilots are able to land in Bhutan, for instance, and they only issue a few permits to foreigners to enter the country every year.) and infrastructure.Also for example - Kashmir Himalayas in our country are cut off because of the POK and various other related problems in that region . I would personally say (totally my estimate) that as much as 30 - 40 % of Himalaya's may be unexplored or rather very less explored !
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.12 seconds