" Mountains are not fair or unfair, they are just dangerous." - Reinhold Messner
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Which one is better? Nanda Devi East BC or Dharansi pass

Which one is better? Nanda Devi East BC or Dharansi pass 6 years, 11 months ago #607

Deciding between treks to Nanda Devi East BC and Outer Sanctuary (Dharansi pass).. Any suggestions guys, as to where would you get better views of Nanda Devi (from East Base camp ) or from the trek to Dharansi pass)? Which is more picturesque? Also, how far can you venture out on the Nanda Devi outer sanctuary trek nowadays and how many days would it require?
  • maddy
  • Senior Boarder

Re: Which one is better? Nanda Devi East BC or Dharansi pass 6 years, 11 months ago #608

As far as I know, Nanda Devi East Base Camp is longer than the Outer Sanctuary (Dharansi Pass). That means more stunning views of NandaDevi. Unlike Outer Sanctuary the Base Camp trek is essentially along a valley. Go for Nanda Devi East Base Camp trek in case you have time on your hands but do select an appropriate time period, perhaps around June or post monsoon. All the same, the Outer sanctuary trek should take about 5-6 days. And about your query about Nanda Devi sanctuary trek’s farthest point, from whatever limited knowledge I have Dibrugheta is the last allowed point for trekking in the Outer Sanctuary.
  • uphillclimb
  • Senior Boarder
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.13 seconds