" One does not climb to attain enlightenment, rather one climbs because he is enlightened." -Zen Master Futomaki.
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Climbing a 6000 plus meter peak next year

Climbing a 6000 plus meter peak next year 6 years, 2 months ago #67

I am a 31 year old female from Pune. I want to climb a few 6000 meter peaks in the next two years so that I get used to using the techniques that I will learn in the mountaineering school next year.

I eventually want to climb 7000+ meter peaks but that is still far away.

I want to plan ahead so that I have something to look forward to when I wake up everyday

I am looking for a climbing partner. Is there anyone out there who might want to climb 6000+ meter peaks with me?

I attempted Stok Kangri in 2010 but did not get to the summit as it was really cold and I was too tired. Should I try and reattempt Stok Kangri since it is quite easy or should I leave that aside for the time being and try a new 6000+ peak? Which peaks should I be looking at?
  • buffyfish
  • Junior Boarder
  • A student of life!
- Buffy Fish

Re: Climbing a 6000 plus meter peak next year 6 years, 2 months ago #68

IMHO you should forget stok kangri as of now. the reason is, I feel that you have already been there once. you reached to the top or not is not what really matters. and that too for a trekking peak. i think its a good idea to venture into some new area. Luckily we have such a vast Himalaya to explore and to fulfill our climbing and exploring urge.

you can go for easier peaks if you wish, but in new are. :)

I am sure you will also get climbing partners soon as this forum and community grows with time.
  • admin
  • Administrator
Regards,
Administrator
Indian Mountaineers Community

Re: Climbing a 6000 plus meter peak next year 6 years, 2 months ago #69

Hi Buffyfish,

I would say go for Stok Kangri again !! (I personally dont like unfinished business& thats why Iam saying it ) !! Its a good peak and offers some brilliant views if you are lucky with the weather . Its a tough climb towards the end .

Apart from that you can start with a couple of peaks around Manali , Like - Mt. Shitidhar , Hanuman Tibba (Technical) , Friendship peak ( again a lil technical) , these are quite accessible and reasonable to climb in India,
  • trek_tomato
  • Senior Boarder

Re: Climbing a 6000 plus meter peak next year 6 years, 2 months ago #71

Thank you!
Can I climb these peaks with just a guide?
Or would you recommend having a climbing partner?
  • buffyfish
  • Junior Boarder
  • A student of life!
- Buffy Fish

Re: Climbing a 6000 plus meter peak next year 6 years, 2 months ago #72

Hi Buffy Fish,

You can climb these peaks with a guide , but having some company is always better . If you have a climbing partner nothing like it ! You also have an option of joining one of the climbing groups / or commercial expeditions . These are famous & commercial route's and you have a lot of climbing groups here during the right seasons.
  • trek_tomato
  • Senior Boarder
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.12 seconds