" One does not climb to attain enlightenment, rather one climbs because he is enlightened." -Zen Master Futomaki.
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Climbing hold for a 8 feet X 8 feet indoor climbing wall

Climbing hold for a 8 feet X 8 feet indoor climbing wall 7 years, 2 months ago #549

Typically, how many and what type of climbing hold should I buy for a 8 feet X 8 feet climbing wall (indoor)?
  • uphillclimb
  • Senior Boarder

Climbing hold for a 8 feet X 8 feet indoor climbing wall 7 years, 2 months ago #550

hey uphill climb here are a few things u could consider ..
There are several types of holds , the basic characteristic is foothold and handhold. Jugs, mini jugs, crimps, mini jugs and pinches are the most common types. For a 8X8 indoor climbing wall, jugs would be the best option. The number of holds you would need can vary depending on who’s climbing the wall. An adult would not need more than 6 to 10 holds I believe, to the most. Mini jugs have the most amount of positivity. Positivity refers to the ease with which the contact can be maintained with a hold. The more the outward pull the hold can sustain, the more positive it is considered to be. These are meant to be used with one hand and are easy to carry. You also have movable holds, also check them out..screw on holds would be easy to use for indoor purpose, as bolt on holds will take more effort to be fitted..

Here are some links which could be helpful..

climbing.about.com/od/RockClimbingTechni...imbing-Handholds.htm
www.livestrong.com/article/339871-types-of-rock-climbing-holds/
climbathome.blogspot.in/2010/01/screw-on...s-bolt-on-holds.html
  • sheereeb
  • Senior Boarder
Last Edit: 7 years, 2 months ago by sheereeb.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds